https://vegangal.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Savory-Oats2_0.jpg 330 695 Jill Keb https://www.vegangal.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/vegangal-logo-1.png Jill Keb2021-01-22 13:56:042021-02-04 17:32:56Savory Oats
Who knew steel cut oats were so delicious with veggies and savory seasonings!
- 1/2 cup instant or regular steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk - unsweetened
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup greens of choice baby kale, spinach, collards, etc
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or black
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder plus more if desired
- Toast oats in a dry pan on med-high heat to fragrant, don’t burn.
- Add 1/2 cup water, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all veggies, seasonings and slowly add milk. Bring back to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to simmer and occasionally stir and watch until veggies are tender, appr. 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. Great next day meal too.